Friday, September 17, 2010

25 Years Later............

How time flies! It was 25 years ago to the very day that I enlisted, and left to serve my country in the U.S. Army. I was a young man of 18 years with his whole life in front of him. I am extremely proud of my service, and as anything else in life, as time drifts on, you tend to remember the good times more so than the rough ones, in which there were plenty, as any former Paratrooper can attest.

As I look back today, I am fortunate to have spent my time in the service outside of combat zones, albeit our jump into Honduras in March of 1988 was a fully combat ready assault that amounted to no more than President Reagan flexing his muscles to Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega. We were salty. We were ready.

In closing, I want to remember the comrades and brothers in arms that were less fortunate than me and paid the ultimate price at places like Mosul, Kandahar, Baghdad and Kosovo. Your sacrifice and your kinship resonate through my very being everyday of my life. You are not forgotten.

AIRBORNE!

No comments: